Friday, July 11, 2008

Good news and bad news

Bad news, obviously, is that the Reds kicked the shit out of us. Should win games when you score seven runs.

Good news is that Theriot and Fontenot continue to hit.

Fukudome needs a break -- he's playing like a tired old Japanese guy right now. Too bad Fontenot can't play some outfield.

Marquis has had a long layoff between starts...that usually doesn't bode well for a sinkerballer. I hope that he can get through the first few innings without getting roughed up. If so, he'll be fine.

Harden tomorrow. That should be exciting. Wish I was gonna be at the game. If he blows the Giants away, the whole place will shower him with love.

So. Is it fair to say that the Central will come down to the Cubs and Brewers, or is that prematurely dismissing the Cardinals? Anyone think that they can hang in it all season?

Anyone with any hot trade rumors? I see the Mets and/or Phillies making some moves. What's next for the Cubs? Will Hendry stand pat?

Thoughts?

Have a great 7/11. Good day to go to Vegas.

js

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have hit off a machine at Wrigley yesterday....come to think of it, I wish I could have hit off Cub pitching at Wrigley yesterday. Dunn's ball hit a brownstone across the street.

69 fan said...

Busy day for me.
The Cards are way overachieving. Expect them to implode, but I've been expecting that all along.

Eamus Catuli

Anonymous said...

Dunn's homerun nearly missed the eamus catuli sign yesterday...no shit.

Anonymous said...

Dunn's homerun nearly missed the eamus catuli sign yesterday...no shit.