Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Special morning after the All Star Game Edition of the Blog

Dear God,

Please tell me that McCarver has stopped talking. I turned the TV off, but I think I can still hear him.

Rule change number one for all star game -- free substitution. They are all "All Stars" so why not? Give a guy who only batted once another chance to bat...for say, Dan Uggla, who was O for NY with twenty two left on and nine errors. Would have been nice for ARam to bat again, instead of Guzman six times, no?

I think it would have been fun had they been forced to allow position players to pitch.

Fukudome and Soto did not have good games. Cub pitching did look good, however.

What's with the stupid flat billed hat? And why can't some people wear them straight? Hats were meant to be worn straight. Not off to one side. That's idiotic.

Bottom line last night? AL had better players on the bench than the NL did. Drew, Kinsler, Young, Quenten, etc. were far better players than Guzman, Hart, Uggla, etc.

Thanks, baseball. Now it's going to be a long day.

Sherm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that was some Uggly baseball. Either team could have won 4 innings sooner by executing a squeeze bunt...but it was the all-star game, so god forbid they actually play baseball.

If I am Kazmir or Webb, I grab a cab back to the Plaza before I can even be put into this mess on 1 days rest. The whole thing is just stupid. Uggla is going to need a $2 million raise next year just to cover the therapy bills.

69 fan said...

I don't care what kind of a first half he has next year, Dan Uggla needs to beg off St. Louis. I've seen girls at fantasy camp hit and field better.
Marmol got what he needed I hope, with what would have been a 1-2-3 inning had Ralph Murnyak been playing second base instead of the above mentioned uuggllaa. I was still dreading his appearance.
Cub pitchers were good, our hitters, not so much, but A-Ram showed nice discipline with a walk. I feel sorry for Koske. Fortunately for those of us who live on the civilized coast, the game ended before 11. I watched and rooted all the way because it did mean something. I just had the bad feeling that no Cubs had any control in the outcome as they were all long gone by the end. Did Hart or Braun do anything right?

Anonymous said...

Did u guys read the pre game blog?