Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good thing we have a heart doctor in the group

These guys are going to cause all kinds of cardiac problems before it's over.

Just when I think Lee is no longer clutch, he gets a couple of big hits.

Note to Alfonso. Good game. Run them all out, bozo.

Soto has to put the ball in play with runners on base and one out. Whiffs in that situation are unacceptable.

Fukudome is hitting .205 in July. With a ton of strikeouts. Not good.

I'm glad Lilly's game is out of the way -- he was the one I was most worried about.

Can anyone explain to me why we don't try to steal second base on Jason Kendall every time we can? He couldn't throw out Mark DeCarlo on a pitchout.

There is no timetable now on Kari Wood's return. Great.

When I threw out the idea of Dempster back to the closer role? It was food for thought. You know, discussion fodder. Still...if the other starters are getting it done, and we can't close games...it is an option. (That doesn't make me borderline retarded)

I'd bat Kosuke 9th tonight with Zambrano pitching -- or not play him at all. I like Fontenot against Sheets better. Leave DeRosa in right for a while.

I thought Theriot was safe at first.

Marmol looked good last night...for a welcome change. Still didn't like the walk of Kendall...he's a guy you have to make hit his way on, but he looked sharp and did his job.

I'm a fan of Howry, but every pitch he threw last night was a fastball. Um, Bobby? Mix it up a little.

Look for the Brewers to add bullpen help before Thursday.

js

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I have said all along, the Brewers have a great 1-2 punch in Safathia and Sheets...after that, their pitching is BAD. Once Safathia was out of that game, I knew it was over for the Brewers. He is AVERAGING 125 pitches per start, and will certainly run out of gas in September, as they need him to go 9 every time out.

DLee pisses me off. Yeah, a clutch at-bat late, but the double play ball that Weeks and Lil' Cecil botched earlier was hideous. Got to hit the ball harder. And Fonso's strikeout prior to that sucked too. Why even throw him a strike ever, when you know he will swing at anything. Don't get me started on the posing garbage. Ryan Braun needs an AB or two against Bob Gibson to get him to knock off his bat flipping and ball watching. Just fucking run...all of you.

Don't give up on Fuko. He'll be back. I've decided that it might not be a horrible idea to use Samardzija as the closer. He has great stuff, and almost no one in the National League has ever faced him....huge advantage to the Cubs if that happens.

Dr. Decarlo called the Howry only using his fastball 4 days ago. He should have his own blog. I'd read it. Hell, I read this one...

69 fan said...

It was a good game, but I kind of like the games where we blow out the bad guys early. We had the opportunity, but let the fat tub of goo off the hook a few times. Lilly has done mostly well the last month or so, but I also thought this would be a tough game for us.

Samarja can close, but not for long, so he would need to be used sparingly.

Marmol may just be getting his confidence back

Howry scares me.

You are correct about throwing out fodder for discussion not, by itself, making one borderline retarded. But thinking Jason KenDoll couldn't throw out Hollywood DeCarlo does at least beg diminished capacity.

Anonymous said...

Howry has nothing to mix it up with. He has been firing fastballs for the past 2 1/2 seasons. He only changes location but when a hitter see's more than 3 pitches in an AB changing location isn't enough. Check out what the league is slugging off of him. No jam shots or dribblers off this guy, just hard gap shots and round trippers, bad combo for a pitcher. Golden Domer will pitch more late innings and close before Howry will, Lou is losing confidence in him also- he told me so.

Anonymous said...

DO u guys miss me yet?