Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Special All Star Edition of the Blog

Just watched the introductions for the All Star game. What a load of crap.

First of all, Yankee Stadium is moving across the street, it isn't dying. Secondly, where was Johnny Bench? And Joe Morgan?

At first I thought it was odd that there was only one HOF centerfielder, but then I realized that there had been more, but Tony Gwynn ate them.

And I'm pretty sure they fucked up and forgot the catchers for a moment.

Maybe I'm watching too much American Idol, but I thought that Sheryl Crow was a little pitchy in the middle.

This just in. Men wearing suits and baseball caps look like doofuses.

Steinbrenner just got introduced to a "Standing Eh." And why is the guy from "Tora Tora Tora" sitting in front of him?

My prediction for ASG MVP? Jim Edmonds.

Enough. Start the second half already. I want real baseball.

Sherm

2 comments:

69 fan said...

Nope, you are right, I didn't read this.

In case you hadn't noticed, we tend to get off on our own tangents any way.

I did see that Gatorade commercial that got us so interested a week or so ago.

And Ralph sent some thing this morning about Utley pulling something off in the dugout. Gees, couldn't even wait until he was alone.

Anonymous said...

So...really...where was Morgan and where was bench? Too good for Yankee Stadium? Or did Gwynn eat them, too. Yeah, that's it. Gwynn ate them.